[mac4theblind] Re: Problems emptying the trash

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:18:03 -0500

command-shift delete does the same as command-shift-option-delete as far as I
can tell.

On Jan 22, 2013, at 9:10 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wouldn't do what David suggests until you find out what you have in the
trash. Also, have you tried cmd-option-shift-delete instead of
cmd-shift-delete. But go to your trash and find out what is there first. The
only time I ever had that many files was when I was emptying the trash from a
lot i'd gotten rid of on my external drive. Then some wouldn't empty but after
I rebooted I did so. Personally, unless you can track down and explain what you
have in the trash, I would reinstall. it's good to knoe all thses things you
can do in terminal as root but the system isn't built so that you should be
having to resort to them under ordinary circumstances and I would find out why
before I did anything like this. Also, I always include "option" in all my move
to trash and all my empty trash activities.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart