[mac4theblind] Problems emptying the trash

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:04:34 +0000

Good afternoon all.
I am having a problem eptying the trash. This has been happening for a while now. Here is what I do.
1. I press command-shift-delete in the Finder.
2. I am asked if I want to securely erase the trash. This is my personal preference so I let it go ahead. 3. I then get a window with the buttons remove unlocked files and remove all.
4. I click remove unlocked files.
5. It goes ahead and empties it for a while, but then I'm taken back to the Finder. The same is true if I have clicked remove all. But what concerns me is the window I described above, plus I have about 13,000 files in the trash, which just won't go away. Should I consider booting to the recovery partition, erasing the Macintosh Hd volume, then reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch?
This is on a 2012 Macbook Pro 13 inch without Retina Display.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Chris.
--

Christopher Hallsworth