[mac4theblind] Re: More help with macbook air please

  • From: Stephens Leslie <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macfortheblind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 20:11:06 -0400

(resending since I did not receive it from the list as I usually do)

To get to the VO tutorial do this:
VO with the letter h to open VO Help
arrow down to the Getting started Guide
VO space bar to start the guide
Escape key will exit you from the tutorial

When you are in VO help you can Open any of the 6 options there (VO space
bar). Take a look around at them all . lots of good information there.
Escape key will exit you from any of them.

Hope this helps. I'm with you about changing the speed. I cannot find the
place to change it either and I've been using a MAC for 2 years now. It takes
some patience to get used to interacting with scroll areas, panes and moving
around the preference tables. Don't get discouraged.

Leslie
On Jun 23, 2015, at 9:28 AM, Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

System preferences can be gotten to a few ways.

Pressing the VO keys and D will take you to the Doc, you may find it there.

Also, under the finer, your normal desktop screen, you’ll find an Apple menu
with system preferences as an option. Select this option and find the
preference pains with your arrows. Interact with them using your voice over
keys and shift / arrow down and then move over to accessibility.

You just need to try to move around and try interacting and arrowing in
different screens to get a feel.

Possibly someone else knows of an easier method.

On Jun 23, 2015, at 9:07 AM, gracewellness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

It's not clear to me how to slow down voiceover according to your
instructions. This is my first mac. How do I go to utilities, system
preferences, accessibility, etc.?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Granados" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>