[mac4theblind] Re: Braille Displays

  • From: Benjamin Blatter <benjaminblatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:10:41 +0200

Hi Lena

I'd recommend a display with input keys. Par example the BAUM SuperVario Connect. With the input keys you can really type text and don't need to use the keys on the touch screen of an IOS device. The braille display should have bluetooth. So your friend could operate the IOS device just with the braile display while it's in her pocket :-) I myself don't eat any apples and big macs yet - so I can't speak out of experience with such a setup. But this was recommended to me and it sounds great ...

Kind regards
Ben

Am 17.06.2012 19:34, schrieb Lena Contreras:
Hi
What braille displays do you recommend using with the Mac?  My friend, who is
getting her MacBook any time now would like to purchase a braille display.  She
doesn't have any of the IOS devices yet but might get an iPad in the future so
the display needs to be portable.  I heard good things about RefreshaBraille.
I hear that the Braille Pen is more limited.
Thanks.
Lena