Re: Adding assembler code to Lua programs

  • From: Luke Gorrie <luke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:35:07 +0100

Hi Mike,

On 1 March 2014 11:28, Mike Pall <mike-1403@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DynASM is mainly useful if the assembler code to be generated is
> truly 'dynamic'.

I'm playing a little with DynASM. Cool stuff :-).

I made one tiny change to move the version check to the bottom of the
file -- this made it possible to generate a .c file with dynasm
instead of a .h, which is slightly more convenient for me.

This is the file that would get a compiler error otherwise, because
the version check would be done before the dynasm headers were
included:
https://github.com/SnabbCo/snabbswitch/blob/dynasm/src/apps/example/asm.dasc

Would you consider merging to v2.1?