Re: Adding assembler code to Lua programs

  • From: "Pierre Chapuis" <catwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 17:49:24 +0100

> Unfortunately I still do not have an isolated benchmark... But I've read
> your README and you suggested to use pure Lua implementation for new
> projects. So we tried to go that route, but we got numerous trace aborts
> due to some NYI (I do not remember which exactly, but there were two of
> them with v2.0).
>
> Then we tried your implementation, and got everything JIT compiled, and it
> was faster. May be with v2.1 that situation will change.

OK, that is interesting. I know some things are actually slower the way
I implemented them (for instance float numbers serialization).

> Our use case is a bit specialized, we have a known structure (defined in
> another messagepack objects elsewhere) and use only arrays. So in order
> to avoid ipairs we've supplied table classifier that says that any table
> is an array, not a hash.

This is a good idea, the default classifier should be avoided anyway
because it is slow. It is also slightly broken actually, I will replace
the implementation by another one soon.