Re: [ANN] LuaJIT-2.0.0

  • From: Simon Heath <icefoxen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:19:04 -0700

Excerpts from Peter Colberg's message of 2012-11-12 12:50:57 -0700:
> I think LuaJIT will provide a valuable tool for scientific research...

It will.  A scripting language with the potential to do super-fast math
and manage large awkward data structures is really useful.  I'm doing my
Master's project (thermal image analysis and simulation) in Python+numpy/
scipy, but if LuaJIT had some of the library bindings I wanted then it would
have been a much better choice.  Numpy is awesome but it's not always easy
to efficiently shoehorn the math you need into large matrix operations,
especially when it involves making gigabytes of intermediate values...

Simon