[lit-ideas] Re: was Re: Derrida Passes

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:41:22 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: jlye@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Oct 11, 2004 7:16 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: was Re: Derrida Passes

<At 07:55 PM 10/10/2004 -0400, you wrote:

<A.A.  How many intellectuals do you think know anything outside their
<narrow field of expertise?

I think of myself as a expert in every field but my own.

A.A.  Well said. =20

J.L. Fortunately for everyone, returning to Derrida, a writer for whom I ha=
ve
great respect, I have a brief web page on diff=E9rance at
http://www.brocku.ca/english/courses/4F70/diffr.html. It should clear up.
like, absolutely everything.  Think of diff=E9rance as the condition which
allows being and meaning to exist, and at the same time continually to be
contingent and tentative.

A.A.  Sounds real good.

Andy

Cheers --