[lit-ideas] Re: Geary's Girly Handwriting

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:43:22 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2004 7:29:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
JL, I  take issue.  To ask for a sample of handwriting is to put someone on
the  defensive for no reason.  That's wrong.  Especially since the issue  isn't
handwriting but the larger issue of masculine/feminine.  Also, the  object of
the preposition takes the objective case.  In other words, to  interested
parties like me, him, them.

----  Oops.

Thank you for the correction. Indeed "like _me". I was thinking of  things
like strawberries. When you can say, "He likes them like I" (i.e. "like I  also
do"), or is it always "like _me_"?

I'm surprised Geary has girlie handwriting, incidentally. (Back to the
topic). But then he says he's eso-teric.

Cheers,

JL