[lit-ideas] Re: terror & elections

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:46:15 -0400

"Appeasement" hardly sounded like "tongue-in-cheek," Teemu.

Yet even the media by now realizes that Bush's march to war in Iraq has made
Iraq a magnet for terrorists and done Al-Queda a real service. If you were
bin Laden, you too would want Bush -- with his continuous series of
mistakes, miscalcuations and sheer incompetence as a wartime "leader" --
re-elected. At this point 57% of the American people realize we're going in
the wrong direction -- and we're still 3 months away from the election.

If there were another terrorist attack, I can't imagine a "rally" around the
president taking place. In the three years since 911 very little has been
done, very little has been spent. After all, the richest of the rich needed
their taxcut. There wasn't enough cash available to finance this war, pay
for their taxcut AND support national security. Another terrorist attack
would be symptomatic of the need to throw the bum out of the White House.

Stan Spiegel
not just for Anyone But Bush
Portland, Maine