[lit-ideas] for the love of amazon

  • From: "Torgeir Fjeld" <torgfje2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:03:51 +0200

A while back I ordered a pocket video camera from their online store. It
was broken on delivery, so i returned it, which "they" dutifully
acknowledged, and said fine, your money is yours. BUT: there's no "my
account" or nothing on their website where it's indicated that they've
credited me with the amount. NOR have they returned my dough.

So as a well trained consumer I wrote them, but guess what. In return
came an automated response telling me to search their web site.... Not
one single e-mail address nowhere. All robots. Does Agent Smith run
amazon? Are my monies (either) irretrievably lost or will they magically
reappear? In either case, there's nothing no human can do about it. V
reassuring.

-tor

--
T E Fjeld