[lit-ideas] Re: sunday poem and chips

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:42:32 -0800

Why don't they just honestly call them "hubcap" chips and have done with it? Nooooo. "Balti" chips.

You're right about flavors. We don't gots no all dressed chips. We are, however, the home of Kettle chips which, if you're going to eat chips are the chips to eat.

Seaweed is entirely optional.

David etc.

On Feb 25, 2007, at 7:30 PM, Ursula Stange wrote:

I've received John's note, here, but know of David's only from John's. Not sure why that would be. Nevertheless, I've noticed that our variety of chips in Canada is much more adventurous than yours in the States. We have fried chicken chips, buffalo wings chips, all dressed chips, ketchup chips, salt and vinegar chips, sea salt and cider vinegar chips, black pepper and lemon chips, all manner of Mexican flavours, plus all the old favourites (and I'm sure I've missed some). I think the big companies use us as a testing ground. The curry chips are only available in small bags -- not yet in large ones. But they are good. If you can afford the calories....
Ursula
waiting for vindaloo chips...

As for Balti....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balti_(food)

John McCreery wrote:
Here in Japan, we have chips flavored with nori (the seaweed in which
sushi are wrapped).