[lit-ideas] Re: p.s. Re: Re: The Problem of Evil

  • From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:37:48 -0500

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx writes:

: I think what the question might be is why do humans have to experience some
: things as painful...

The Buddha's answer to that was that we suffer, find things unpleasent,
etc., because of our ignorance of the true nature of the world in
which we find ourselves and our consequent clinging to, grasping for,
things that have no permanent and independent existence.

At least that is my understanding.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu