[lit-ideas] Re: p.s. Re: Re: The Problem of Evil

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 03:00:31 EST

Okay.  Badly worded. How about "Why do humans experience some things  as
painful?".  And to answer John, I would point to the passage in Job.....  "were
you there when I created the leviathan",etc.

Ecclesiastes is not my favourite ancient text, or the most hopeful one, by
accident.  It is the most comforting and optimistic tome in ancient  texts.

And if it helps, watch "Cube".

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: p.s. Re: Re: The
Problem of Evil  Date: 3/9/06 1:36:35 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_robert.paul@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:robert.paul@xxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I think what the question might be is why do  humans have to experience
> some things as  painful...

Julie,

Is this a question about theodicy or biology? I  really don't know what
the force of 'have to'  is.

Robert