[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas The Shadow Scholar

  • From: John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:26:42 -0600

1. There are quite a few reactions on "Slashdot" to this story. You can follow them here:

http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/ZrcuFv28xwI/story01.htm

2. Personally, I'd say that I have seen less cheating lately than in earlier years. Some of it may come from the way I've changed giving assignments to students, so that they can't just write a canned paper on a generic topic and hope to do well; they have to address quite specific concerns we've discussed in class and with quite specific readings in mind, and I doubt that a paid-writer could put in enough time for this to be worth it.

eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, to all of you!
Here's an article for those who are wondering about the state of higher education in a way. I'd be very interested to know what others think of this. Do you think this is more, less, or about the same as it has always been?
http://chronicle.com/article/The-Shadow-Scholar/125329

Best,
Marlena in Missouri