[lit-ideas] Re: how long until lunch?

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:08:45 -0230

Quoting Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>:

> David Savory wrote
>
> > Numbers do not exist in nature. That we invented a number system for
> > use in the natural world in which countable items may be found is
> > surely non-momentous. Morbidly numerous objects like grains of sand
> > and difficult-to-count objects by the nebulosity like clouds are no
> > reason to throw non-momentousness into doubt.
>
> Just a quick question, David. What is a number?
>
> Robert,
> always seeking

Give 'im hell, Davie-boy! Anybody who is always seeking clearly can't never find
nuttin'. Soctrates knew that, clear as day, and he said as much in his books
too. And what kinda question is that now anyways? As if if you didn' know at
his age, someone could explain it to ya. Sheesh.

Walter O
Lonely and seeking lunch in the streets of London