[lit-ideas] Re: fahreheit

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:50:28 +0100

Tuesday, June 29, 2004, 7:54:34 PM, Paul Stone wrote:

PS> Besides, shouldn't politics be sort of like religion -- you should save
PS> exposure and wait until the child is old enough to think for himself?

Of course children are exposed to religion and there seems no way of
stopping that!  So, best discuss their exposure to politics, perhaps.
But there's no way of stopping that either really, so the question is
how to handle the inevitable exposure.

PS> Exposing a kid to Michael Moore would not, in my estimation, be any fairer
PS> than encouraging him/her to listen to Limbaugh.

But these are extremes.  The massive "Centre" is something the child
will meet anyway as "taken for granted" politics.  That's worrying
too.

--
Best regards,
 Judy                            mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx