[lit-ideas] Re: fahreheit

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:22:03 -0400

Paul Stone wrote:

"So by choosing NOT to raise my child in a religious atmosphere, I have
actually forced him to grow up agnostic? Because God knows that ain't no
right minded, fully-formed individual gonna believe in no religion."

Nah.  Using your own words, you would be exposing your child to an
atmosphere with a particular view of religion, namely, that it is
irrelevant.  Lots of agnostics and atheists turn to religion so your
child may choose to reject your view of religion.  It is disingenuous to
claim that your child-rearing would be neutral regarding religion.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON