[lit-ideas] Re: You don't say.....

  • From: "Steven G. Cameron" <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:20:58 -0400

**Related concerns are often exhibited in  our students requesting
better grades because: their scholarships depend on them, their parents
demand them, they feel entitled (without accompanying warranted
substantiation) -- and moreover without making the required efforts.
Their responsibilities, it seems... are frequently limited to merely
wanting to be thought more highly of. We suffer a severe reduction in
ethical standard at present -- and poor role models to observe/admire.

TC,

/Steve Cameron, NJ