[lit-ideas] Re: Wind Farms

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:03:08 EST

<<I  particularly like the names of the
protest groups, reminders of how  different English (or Scottish)
English is from the language spoken  here.>>
Speaking of which ......can anyone  explain to me how/why the accents of
Craig Furgeson and Sean Connery are so  completely different?  I suppose it
must
be the equivalent of a North  Caroliner and an Alabamer ......
Julie Krueger
not familiar with the  territory

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Wind Farms  Date:
1/13/06 10:52:03 AM Central Standard Time  From: _ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is only a slight exaggeration to write that  wind farms are
described in Oregon's green community as the good witch  from the
east, an idea from Europe that is unequivocally good.   Here's an
article that describes the fierce controversy about them  in
Scotland.  Even if you're not interested in the debate, you  may enjoy
some of the turns of phrase.  I particularly like the  names of the
protest groups, reminders of how different English (or  Scottish)
English is from the language spoken  here.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=58232006

David  Ritchie
Portland,  Oregon