[lit-ideas] Re: Why Gadhafi Disarmed

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:37:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/2004 3:32:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I just received a notice from my draft board advising me that at present they
were not calling up people over 65, but that I should let them know if I
planned
to leave the country.
I received a telepathic message from my great grandfather, who fought at
Gettysburg, asking me to buy a Ouija board so I could tell him how to respond
to a
recent letter that began "Greetings from the President of the United
States..."
He said that in his day, people were more honest about buying their way out
of military service.