[lit-ideas] Re: What is philosophy? Susan Langer writes....

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:52:18 -0800

Walter writes

Notice that even a response of "I offer you silence" would reveal oneself to be a fraud. (Who is that masked man, anyway?)

Speaking of bad arguments:

I know who my father is.
I don't know who the masked man is.
Therefore, the masked man is not my father.

[Peter Geach]

Walter next says that he is

(...returning now to a
wonderous roast beast slathered in wild mushroom gravy und with potatoe latkes gurken salat mit speck and an 18yr. old Glenlivet, in rehearsal for
Christmas.)

I take it that an 18 year old Glenlivet is some kind of middle aged whisky, and not a Scottish wench--?

Cegodnya Y. Prospal
Curator of Very Weird Stuff
Nutton College Library