[lit-ideas] Re: What is information?

  • From: Walter Okshevsky <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:58:13 -0230 (NDT)

No blank stare from me here. On a first reading, I believe Donal's post
below is a lucid and  persuasive rebuttal of my hypothesis. To weave
threads together, I think the example of "sexuality" also illustrates
his case well. (And if you're Canadian, you and Stephen Harper might apply
Donal's account to "marriage." Yes, same sex marriage talk is back.)

Thank you, Donal; that was very instructive (on the particular topic at
hand.) Your memory is also impressive.

Speaking of "at hand," (vorhandensein), "Martin" refers to Martin
Heidegger who made the claim that language thinks us rather than the
converse.

Walter C. Okshevsky
Memorial University