[lit-ideas] Re: What is information?

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:50:40 +0200

Some years ago, I had the idea of coding a pope emulator (actually, the type of pope I had in mind was already Ratzi, who has always been my favourite ayatollah), alas that came to nothing due to the difficulty to implement the crucial feature of infallibility: Thought of something like '#pragma bugs off', but that's too much Muenchhausen to be informative. It's evident that -er- utterings that are supposed to be always true cannot have much - if any - semantic content, so a virtual pope would be an ideal source of purpose-free information. But there's no need to patent Ratzi, den macht uns keiner nach.

Sorry for being off topic,

Joerg gruel.
just another disgruntled Kantian
Peter D. Junger schrieb:
Thank you.  I fear though that I am not concerned with
instructional information, but rather with information whether
or not it has a purpose or has any semantic content.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx URL: http://samsara.law.cwru.edu ------------------------------------------------------------------