[lit-ideas] Re: Welcome Aboard

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:33:14 -0400

> It contains a statistic which I'd long suspected, but never seen in print:
> number
> of wide-bodied aircraft that have made successful landings on
> water...zero.

That depends on what you mean by "successful". I mean, come on, haven't you
ever seen "lost"?

"There's a life jacket under your seat...inflatable slides detach to
> form life rafts..."

I like Jerry Seinfeld description of Sky Diving:

"…Skydiving was definitely the scariest thing I've ever done. Let me ask you
this question in regards to the skydiving: what is the point of the helmet
in the skydiving? I mean, can you kinda make it? You jump out of that plane
and that chute doesn't open, the helmet is now wearing *you* for protection.
Later on the helmet's talking with the other helmets going "It's a good
thing that he was there or I would have hit the ground directly."

paul