[lit-ideas] Warnock on "proper"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:57:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 6/28/2012 4:53:19  P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rpaul@xxxxxxxx writes:
Donal writes
> As I  am still here trying to explain: without understanding the 'key
> tenet',  PI cannot be properly understood. The 'key tenet' is at the back
> of W  says: and is fundamental to what W seeks to show.
This implies that I have  never 'properly understood' the Philosophical
Investigations (all or in part,  apparently). In light of that, my
participation in this discussion is at an  end.

----

I think it is Warnock who corrected Austin once:

---- He plays cricket incorrectly.

---- No, he plays cricket inproperly.

Or was it the other way round?

Variations on a theme by D.  McEvoy: