[lit-ideas] Re: Violence without Horror

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:28:35 +0100 (BST)

> BTW, I don't hate Bush.  I rather feel sorry for him.  I wouldn't want to
> be him.  I just think he is emotionally unequipped to be president.  I
> think I did read somewhere that Bush Sr. used corporal punishment on W.
> And his mother

Jesus. AND HIS MOTHER! That explains it all.

> was very demanding,

Oh right. Sorry. Go ahead.

>among other things, of language if I
> recall correctly.

She was demanding OF LANGUAGE? What a bitch!

>It might be why he's always misspeaking.

Yeh, tell me about it! I'd be more than misspeaking. I'd be misspeaking in my
pants - so to speak. Glad your mother obviously raised you not to be
misspeaking.

>Just
> speculating here, but especially if W were a sensitive child,

Exactly - _especially_

>he could,
> even would, be afraid of his father (god the father, remember?)

Right. There's no god the mother is there? Huh? Yeh!

>and convert
> it to the more "manly" emotion of anger.

Yeh - convert fear into anger, like you can convert anger into love, er hate.

>  I didn't read Frank's book but I
> suspect it's something along these lines.

I didn't read it either but suspect the same.

>  I see you're all shutting down
> read this ...

No, no. I'm all ears.

Donal