[lit-ideas] Re: Travel and hostels and stuff...(was logic problems, I think)

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:34:21 -0230

From what I can recall, they're all correct. Last I was in Avignon was the
summer of '76. My friend and I were working and hitchhiking our way through
Europe pretending to be characters out of a Herman Hesse novel out to find
themselves. (Erin and Phil: that was Gersh, the same fellow you missed meeting
by only a few hours.) I don't remember much of Avignon since most of my time
was spent in Orange working at an Italian canning company called "Buotoni." (To
this day I won't go near a can of lasagna.) Free time was spent at Camping
Bagatelle sleeping in our tent, trying to get our Coleman stove to work,
hustling my dilemmas, logic problems and jokes for some much needed cash, and
entertaining a couple of young ladies from Munich who picked us up from
Strasbourg. It very much sounds like they've added a number of facilities over
the years. But the complaints sound quite familiar. Of course, not everyone
complains about the same things :-) Enjoy the light. Cheers, Walter

http://www.bugeurope.com/reviews/France/Provence-Alpes-Cote_dAzur/Avignon/fr058/index.htm