[lit-ideas] Re: Malt, Coffee & Chuck Taylor

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:17:57 -0230

Which may explain why I'm still alive, Ursula.

Mitigatedly yours,

Walter C. Okshevsky (Michael Jackson Chair of Spiritsuality and Morals)
Talisker College of Single Malt and Columbian Coffee
University of Dundee
Scotland UK

P.S. Yes, alas, it does look like I have wasted my precious malt on Phil. He has
failed, on all counts, to convert to this wonderous conception of the good (for
no right reasons) - having confused Glenn's liver with a very nice 18 yr. old
Glenlivet. And he didn't stay around long enough for a game of chess!

P.P.S. Does Taylor allow for the possibility that moral spaces or frameworks
admit of moral assessment on grounds or criteria that are not themselves part
of any moral space or framework? If not, why not? Is Kant wrong? Is there really
no non-circular, non-question-begging justification of a moral space/vocabulary
as Rorty would have us believe? You have 75 minutes.(Sorry, I'm buried with
tests at this time of season.)