[lit-ideas] Transcription please

  • From: Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:05:45 +0200

I have a question about a line from the Norman Jewison - Walter Mirisch=20=

Oscar-award-winning film "In the Heat of the Night" (1967).

In an early scene in the train-station waiting-room (about 10 minutes=20
and 23 seconds into the film - DVD time), police officer Sam Wood=20
[played by Warren Oates] says to VIrgil Tibbs [Sidney Poitier] (whom=20
Wood has up against the wall), "You move before I tell you to, boy =85."

Despite repeated hearings at maximum volume, neither I nor my German=20
audience can make out the rest of Wood's sentence.  (We have managed to=20=

work out all other 'troublesome' dialogue.)

Could someone with (access to) a copy of the film (or other access to,=20=

or knowledge of, the film dialogue) enlighten us?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany
--=