[lit-ideas] Re: Sufi martyred as Jesus was

  • From: "Steven G. Cameron" <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:48:37 -0400

**That Islamic rebellion was subsumed -- no "new" religion created.  The
internecine political and religious disagreements between the Saducees
and Pharisees which spilled over into the making of Jesus messianic
claim, resulted in Christianity. Without their need to survive
ideologically, individually and to further separate themselves from
mainstream Jewish beliefs in the first two centuries, Christianity may
have become just another Jewish sect -- perhaps how/why each succeeding
Gospel became more antagonistic to Judaism.

TC,

/Steve Cameorn, NJ