[lit-ideas] Re: Thursday Poem

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:02:15 -0700

Robert:

Yes, the smell outside is oppressively caustic.  The sky was dark all day
and the sun looked blood red before it went down over the fires southwest of
us.  My son & grandson live in Blue Jay to the north and have been under
"mandatory evacuation" for some time.  He's staying with his father-in-law
closer to where he works, and I've been "dog-sitting" his Airedale Winston.
My dogs, Winston, and I are not out roaming in memory of Burns but hiding
out in my well air-conditioned study.

Lawrence Helm