[lit-ideas] Re: Thursday Poem

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 23:40:58 -0700

Have you considered sufficiently how beautiful is the flower on a potato? Me either. Why bother? Life's like one of those ice creams with mix-ins, put together by temporary help who may not have washed their hands properly; wonderful one day, gastrointestinally discomforted the next. Well ours are purple with little yellow bits in...the flowers...I lied...I did look, though in a completely manly way, like Alfred, Lord Tennyson, or someone equally gay and Victorian who had an interest in how to define botanical differences from potato to potato, and absolutely no interest at all in pornography.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon