[lit-ideas] Re: These leftists?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:20:44 -0600

DR:
Yes this is also in "The Scotsman," but not reported here
JE:
why d'you think that is, David?  (I can't find the nutria story -
is that an Oregon one? )

Yes, it is an Oregon story, Judy, a man shot a snorkler because he though he thought it was (so he says) a nutria. Reading the headline -- "Oregon Man Shoots Snorkler Thinking He Was a Giant Rodent" -- I was certain that it had to have been a Louisiana story and read it because I'd never heard of Oregon, Louisiana and wondered where it was. Lo and behold, it was Eugene,Oregon which is apparently very much like the South.

Mike Geary
Memphis