[lit-ideas] Re: The new fascism

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:45:19 EST

In a message dated 11/6/2004 6:33:12 PM Central Standard Time,
carolkir@xxxxxxxx writes:
Bush  exemplifies this style. For a long, long
time the AA movement--and the  churches founded by and for AA members--has
been looking for its  charismatic leader. Voici le roi Bush.

<g>

Okay, so we need to adopt this as well.  And, they were successful (as  our
programs are) without a charismatic leader.  That can come in a couple  of
years.

Actually, it could very well be FUN.

(you have to start with the social butterflies in any movement, I think  <g>)

I'm not sure how to start a national movement but the whole 'house party'
concept was really a good and healthy start.  The key willl be if they  could
continue.

(even the guy who wrote the Pupose-Driven Life actually began his church in
his home because he couldn't find a decent friendly evangelical church ... and
 it is now huge...)

You are so so right--it's the technique.   Maybe I should write a  follow-up
manual for house-parties so we can train these small group leaders ...  (that
is what they call them in the larger churches, you know, or the  small group
Bible studies on college campuses <g>)

It is, also, how the Family Rights Council got started so many years ago  and
now look at it!

Wondering if the National Dems have thought of continuing the concept...or
causing it to grow...
Marlena in Missouri