[lit-ideas] Re: The medium is the message (?)

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:55:04 -0800

On Nov 18, 2010, at 3:19 AM, cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I suppose it *could* be considered a form of abuse - on my part, I mean.
>
> For some reason, instead of 'Lady Gaga' or 'jokes about underwear', I keyed
> the name 'Keats' into the YouTube search field.
>
> This came up as the first item:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asGolDPXMoo&feature=related
>
> I didn't know whether to laugh or cry ...

I was sure that the video would culminate in, "Well bugger me," or some similar
change of register.  Quite strange.  So I went in search.  I quite like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy8lehO7nqg

But then, goodness, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh13dOfuVXk&feature=related

Where's the yodeling cows when you've need of them?

David Ritchie,
Portland,