[lit-ideas] Re: The meaning of death...

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:11:23 -0500

<I thought, at first, that this was an expression of the yearning to have your life and death mean something...to be noticed. But perhaps this young man just didn't want to die alone...perhaps this is testament to the sense of community on these sites.>

I think maybe there is truth to what you say. I think the father was distraught as well, I am, that no one seemed to do much to stop him. I realize though that a lot of kids thought it was a put on.

Veronica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
You've probably already seen this news. We had a very brief discussion in one of my classes about web privacy. Some of my students said that they never worried about it. They wanted their friends to know everything they thought about, worried about, or were going to do. Living out loud, they said...

http://news.aol.com/article/kin-outraged-distraught-over-teens-cyber/257126?cid=12