[lit-ideas] Re: The bullshit stamp

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 14:27:23 -0230

Quoting Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>:
snip

> One of my fellow students wrote in the
> conclusion of a paper for him that there probably wasn't much that was
> original in what she'd said. Malcolm's comment was 'Your spelling is
> your own.'

Brilliant. A clear and distinct illustration of the well-known truth that being
a fine philosopher and an ass are far from being mutually exclusive.

There is much good from those Oxford days that we sorely miss in our
universities these days. Its attitude to students, however, is not a feature of
those virtues.

Walter O.
MUN on the Rock