[lit-ideas] Re: The Meaning of Life: Isn't there a wikipedia article on that?

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:22:32 -0500

It is time.  Each of these statements must be labeled with either A:
Observation, B: Inference, or C: Opinion.

1.  The plant is not important to the students in this classroom.

2.  Carol looked tired.

3.  I bet it takes you a long time to get to your classes.

4.  I was on roller blades when I fell and broke my leg.

5.  I really like the way the flowers smell.  (This is, in my most humble
opinion different from a sentence stating "the flowers smell good".)

6.  Frogs croak to talk to each other in a pond.

7.  The girl looked sad as she walked home from school.

8.  I have a headache.  The odor gave me a headache.

9.  The music hurt my ears.

10.  The umpire looked mad.

Would you pass?  Are you smarter than an eighth grader?

Julie Krueger
eagerly awaiting results