[lit-ideas] Re: The End of Fukuyama

  • From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:31:45 -0500

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx writes:

: Re. "intelligent design" (and I really, really don't want to get that whole
: thing going again, but I can't not tell this), a "reputed scholar" (I didn't
:
: ever get the name or where he was from, but the local Assemblies of God Churc
: h
:  touted him as quite the academician ....) gave a lecture at said Church.
: My Mother (who is normally quite educated and informed) came away from the
: four hour "seminar" knowing now that it is scientifically supportable that th
: e
: universe is only a few thousand years old and that the Intelligent Design
: literally took place in 7 24-hour days.
:
: I give up.
:
: Julie Krueger

As I recall, there is a story---perhaps by H.G. Wells---in which
God creates the world some 4004 years ago and creates all of the
past and future at the same time.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu