[lit-ideas] Re: The End of Fukuyama

I hope that Eric is not hurt that Cristopher sees him
as a "temporary ally."

First that's Christopher. Second I'm a Democrat. Third Hitchens has all kinds of enemies: he sought the prosecution of Henry Kissinger for war crimes, revealed Mother Teresa as a pious fraud, and stopped contributing to The Nation when their editorial board insisted on a "blame America first" response to Islamist terrorism. He denounced the Bush Administration for making "Intelligent Design" seem like science instead of theology. Recently he denounced the Bush Administration again for not standing up for Denmark.

He's consistently demonstrated an ability to think for himself, which I admire.

Then there's chess. Chess has an amazing purity, doesn't it Omar, at least when one is not involved in tournaments?