[lit-ideas] Re: The Dunce

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:32:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/2004 7:29:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
"At  first, I wondered, 'Who is this George Bush?' It's a very common name
>  and I didn't know
> his background.
You snobby suck-up. So what if  it was George _Kennedy_, not _Bush_? Would you
say to yourself that's a  "very common name"

----

Isn't it sort of unethical, too, that a professor should publicly be
speaking about one (any) of her students? I thought such matters were
confidential.
OTOH, 'Memoirs of Oxford', by H. P. Sauce.

Cheers,

JL