[lit-ideas] Re: The Compressor Shorted To Ground

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:56:38 EST

Oops, I forgot:

"It [does]  get[...] [very] tedious [to] try[...]
to tell a  customer _why_ [my emphasis. JLS] his
compressor  shorted to ground when he [or worse,  she.
JLS] doesn't know what a  compressor is or does
[important distinction here, ontological  versus
teleo-functional] or what shorted means [more like
a semantics question]."

Re-reading, Geary's face is also saved by  the
fact that he may be kindly interested in  not
having the customer's compressor shorted to  ground
_again_ and thus in need to _explain_ her  *why*
it did. I cannot think of other reason why
she'd _need_ to know  otherwise.

Cheers,

JLS

products.