[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:30:10 -0700

On Oct 28, 2007, at 5:26 PM, Judith Evans wrote:

Oh I think I see now.  The 'green' puzzled me slightly, I thought you
were talking about Green objections to BP, wasn't sure
about red.

As they said on "Firesign Theater," we're all green on this bus, but wouldn't you agree that there's something red guard-like about green passions? The most fervent greens I've met act as if they have seen the new dawn.

And just when you thought green wasn't weird enough, up pops President Sarkosy--he who wasn't drunk at the G8 (http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbA8pRGArwk)--going green with Gore.

I wonder who it was said, way back when, "Er, sir, I've noticed that one of BP's two corporate colors...is green..maybe we could run ads..."

Thanks for paying attention to the poem and taking time to say what you think.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon