[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poem

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:41:51 -0700

on 10/10/04 9:06 PM, Robert Paul at Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> "Two tall grande Americanos, with room."
> I thought, "Let me say this about that."
>
> --Gertrude Stein
>
> I thought, two grande Americanos walked into Price's, sat down at the bar,
> rolled up their shirtsleeves and ordered two shots of room.
>
> "Room?" said Price.
>
> " ...heard me," said the tallest Americano.
 etc.

Brill (not the fish).

Paul gets the piano poetry prize this week, all covered in coveted dust
(fist quality, no substitutes, lots o' respect, troot in advertising).  That
really was fist quality wot he wrote.  Reminded me o' de time dat Rocky
Marciano defeated dat fellow in Brighton Beach, near by de place where dey
sell de winkles.  Wat was his name?  George someting...Scrub maybe?

They gots great mussels in Brighton.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon