[lit-ideas] State of the Union

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:11:00 -0600

Well, I wasn't sure I could do it, but I did -- I survived the last Bush State
of the Union speech.  All through it I kept asking myself, is this man really
that stupid or is he an evil little man.  Well, I decided to use George Bush's
own gauge of a man, I looked him in the eyes.  No light there.  No
intelligence.  That's a relief.  But then I looked into Cheney's eyes.  Oh what
a dark light burned there.  A shiver went through my soul.  Black hole sun.
There, there dwells evil.  Poor George, hopeless little apparatchik of Cheney.
He has no idea how destructive he's been to this country.  But Cheney knows.
Cheney wants it.  Cheney planned it.  But thank God, they'll soon be off the
scene forever -- perhaps in jail in the Hague.

Mike Geary
Memphis