[lit-ideas] Re: Sex Question

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:01:01 -0800

On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Eric Yost wrote:

>>I don't want or need to read, "Well done, team," that sort of thing.

It's not a pattern in my life. Usually long silences between inundations.

Once I got a "well done team" in regard to a project I had entirely done myself. Was tempted to type THERE IS NO "TEAM" IN "I" and reply to all senders, but forbore it.

A friend of mine was on a software engineering team of one; he was tempted to send himself memos, boss to team members.

It could be that men deal one-on-one from generic relational confidence, whereas women "reply all" to avoid the appearance of indiscretion or to avoid creating a false sense of intimacy for their interlocutor.

Plausible.  We need a grant, possibly an Institute.

David Ritchie,
reading theses in
Portland, Oregon