[lit-ideas] Re: Saddam supporters vow revenge on US, Shi'ites

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:03:44 +0100

Andy Amago schrieb:
A perspective in keeping with the post-Enlightenment world. Abused and badly treated children who grow up in limbo or hell are then sentenced to limbo or hell for eternity. The only thing people seem to empathize are vaporizing and torturing and killing to make the world safe for democracy, all the while worshipping money, which is to say, power. No one cares when a monster is created, but everyone rejoices when one is killed and sent to hell.
(...)
Not hell, Andy, limbo; not eternal horror, nor sinister glory: just oblivion, forgotten nightmares, a fit of nausea that's over and done with, without leaving traces. The Labours of Enlightenment are still ahead, all the Bushes & Saddams may be annoying, but they're absolutely irrelevant for the progress of mankind.

joerg,
from Suebia

p. s.: abused and badly treated as a child as dubya may be, wouldn't keep me from kicking his ass when I could only get him... okay, I see, yes, I, too, am only a week human, scratching when it itches.