[lit-ideas] Re: Rimbaud

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:54:59 -0800

Our college has just been re-painted in Rimbaud style.  See for details:

http://www.pnca.edu/exposure/news/?sec=news&site_id=1&cat=8&item_id=23

Since Rimbaud is one of the many poets I know by name only, I went for info
to:

http://www.mag4.net/Rimbaud/NewsE2004.html

and found that last year I missed all kinds of interesting absurdities, the
project "Rimbaud, The Essential Walker," for example, which was carried out
by "marathonian-poet" Gilles Simon and Didier Arnould.

Question: have people who know Rimbaud well, or who are merely stuck for
something to do, any advice on how to work and teach in a building that is
at one and the same time re-encountering visions and departing into new
affection and noise?

The chosen colors, BTW, are a battleship grey and a kind of vomit
yellow/green.  More Rambo than Rimbaud?

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon