[lit-ideas] Re: QPR v Chelsea/ Tessellated Pavement

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 11:51:03 +0000 (GMT)

This is about the NHS in England, but it's bound to have an effect on the NHS
in Wales.

The Government's trying to remove ministerial, so, governmental, responsibility
for health provision; the Lib Dem peers have fended that off,temporarily

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/nov/02/nhs-bill-clause-hold-lords

NHS hospitals will be allowed to take more private patients, and the cap on
private patient numbers will be removed

this is the Health and Social Care Bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_and_Social_Care_Bill_2011

>If the NHS goes under, what are the proposed alternatives?

The government doesn't dare admit what it's doing, so there aren't any proposed
alternatives; but most likely is a rump NHS providing very basic services and
some very complex ones, to the poorest and most seriously ill patients, while
the richest and best insured and least ill patients are treated by private
sector organisations billing them or the government... .

Our student fees' issue is different from yours.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

 Didn't
realize you all were having issues re. student fees, etc.,either.  I've
kind of been in my own American world for several months.